Friday, May 2, 2008

hail damage

Good grief! You wouldn't believe the hail we received yesterday!! I was out shopping with a girlfriend of mine and we were in Kohl's (my favorite store in the world). When we entered the store, the sun was shining and there was mention of storms coming much, much later in the evening. Well, I was in the lingerie area and my friend was in the toddler section when all of a sudden the music in the store stopped and we heard a "pop!" I was enjoying the music and I thought their sound system when kapput until the "pop" turned into "pop, pop, pop" followed by more and more until it sounded like the roof of the store was going to be lifted off!! I started frantically hobbling towards the toddler area to find my friend and we both darted to customer service (the safest area in the store) while the store's doors were locked and everyone ran around acting crazy. Well, the hail finally started to let-up somewhat and we proceeded to the front of the store to look out the doors. Golf ball to tennis ball sized hail could be seen blanketing the parking-lot...and everyone's cars :-( Before we could look at damage to the van, we had to run back to customer service because there were tornadoes forming right above the store!!! Finally, we were able to leave and venture out into the war zone. So many people had windows completely smashed, with gaping holes. Fortunately, the van was still in tact, but the wind-shield is toast...and the hail damage to the roof and hood is horrendous! I was going to post pictures, but I really don't want our sweet great-grandma to see because she gave the van to us and I know she would find it upsetting :-( We love you grandma...we're going to fix-up the van just as soon as we can!! Thankfully everyone's safe though and I haven't heard of any deaths or freak injuries anywhere, so that's a blessing.

No comments: