Monday, February 2, 2009

paying-off debt

Ahhh!! For me, nothing's sweeter than getting out from under debt. I lose so much sleep at night knowing we owe people money. This morning, I called and payed all of our outstanding hospital and er co-pays (minus one which there is some confusion on). In addition to getting caught-up on medical debt, we were able to bring Nick's student loans current and lower our monthly payment. Yay! Praise the Lord for tax returns and kind phone operators!!

With the money we have leftover, we are working on the future family room and the kitchen. Oh, and we did invest in a Wii. Yeah, seems kinda silly, but even Joshua enjoys getting-in on the action :-) You should see him hoot and holler, jump up and down, and run with excitement. We're hoping to invest in the Wii Fit soon. We played Wii Fit at a friend's house Friday night and I'm still sore! The hula-hoop is super fun :-)

3 comments:

Liberia Adoption said...

I'm so happy for you! It is a great feeling to be able to pay things off:-)

Jennifer B. said...

That's awesome! I hope to feel free from the burden of debt someday too!

We have a Wii at the Y in the back Child Watch and Jorryn always seems to beat me at golf, lol, even though she can hardly get the thing to work in the first place.

Congrats again! :)

Mrs. Troop said...

That's great!
We are still working on the "nose incident of 2008", but almost there. I'm sure it will be something else, next, but it's sure nice to get it taken care of! Happy Friday!