Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lemon and Thyme Rice

I got this recipe off of Rachael Ray, but tweaked it a bit to save money.  Nick and the kids went crazy for it!  I must say, it's the yummiest rice...EVER!
Preheat oven to 400
1 cup white rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 lemon, thinly sliced
4 sprigs of thyme

In an 8x8 dish (or larger depending on the amount you want to make), evenly spread rice; pour chicken broth on top of the rice; place lemon slices and thyme sprigs on top.  I think it was in there for about 40-45 minutes.  As soon as the rice soaks-up the broth, it should be done. 
Super easy!  I've never made rice in the oven, but now I can't think of any other way I'd like it :)  I hope you try it out.  I tried to attach some pictures of the before and after, but Blogger isn't cooperating today.  If we're friends on Facebook, you can check-out the pictures there.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Mmmm.... looks and sounds so yummy. I am going to have to try it out!