Friday, October 15, 2010

lots to share!

Joshua had his 4-year-old well visit on Monday.  A couple of months behind, but better than some I suppose.  He took his immunizations like a champ...not one tear!  He did say, "Owie! That hurts!"  My brave, little guy :)  Actually, he's not so little...52% for height and 94% for weight.  Hehe!  His doctor decided he was just a stalky guy, and that's alright :)

Dr. Crittenden and I discussed Joshua's knock knees.  Poor guy can't even put his feet together!  We're going to see Dr. Sullivan at OU Children's Hospital Orthopedics on November 3rd to see what needs to be done to help straighten them out.  Apparently the braces at night technique isn't what they really do anymore.  I'm praying it's a simple fix; if it's not, I'm praying it's not painful for Joshua!  Some may question why we're even looking into straightening-out his knees if they don't bother him.  We're worried they eventually will (because Nick's do) and also self-confidence could become an issue.  Plus, we want him to be able to play sports and run if he so desires!  Anything to help our kiddos reach their fullest potential (within reason, of course). 

Joshua and Jenna both received their flu shots on Monday.  It wasn't until after the fact that the nurse mentioned there might be a significant reaction in those who have previously had H1N1 (which Jenna did...last October).  She said...entire leg swelling and 102+ temp.  Yikes!!  Thank goodness neither of those plauged Jenna.  She has been quite fussy at times during the week, but mostly she has wanted to cuddle.  I have no problem with the cuddling :)

Today was a very neat day.  I finally got to meet the grandma of Laynie.  Laynie was a calendar girl with Jenna in the CMN calendar.  She was little, Miss February.  I am speaking of Laynie in past tense...she has since gone to her eternal home.  You can read about Laynie on the calendars I sent-out by going to the month of February.  What a remarkable, little angel.  I never got to meet her in person, but her Lolly (grandma) was wonderful to keep Facebook updated and has been putting Laynie's legacy in action.  Today was one of many blood drives in Laynie's memory.  Eilene went with me.  Unfortunately, Eilene couldn't give...she's been fighting a cold.  I almost couldn't give due to low iron, but they repeated the test and I barely squeaked by!  Whew!  I guess I should see the doctor about my iron levels again.  They were so worried I'd pass-out from giving so much blood, but I'm a haas!

That's it for now.  More to come later!  I need to dedicate an entry to just pictures, but Blogger is still on the fritz with posting pictures.

No comments: