Friday, December 27, 2013

New LIFE's Resolutions

My friend, Amanda, gave me a new perspective on New Year's Resolutions... New LIFE's Resolutions.  We want to make the change permanent, right?  That is our goal when setting new goals, right?  Well, here are my NLR's:

1.  Improving my relationship with the Lord;
2.  Being a better wife and mother;
3.  Building a healthier lifestyle for our family.

Those seem to be the same ones each year.  My prayer is that I will not falter and will seek the Lord for His strength to see these all come to fruition.  If I can accomplish the first on my list, I know the others will fall into place because this list is also the Lord's desire for my life.  This list is very telling of how previous years have gone.  I have not spent enough time at all with the Lord and my life is evidence of that.  I was going to say that from the outside it may not be evident, but that would just show how much I am in denial.

So what keeps you focused daily on the Lord besides the obvious things that help (reading the Bible, prayer, worship)?  Something I would really like to do is to hand write Bible verses and have them in various places through the house.  That way, no matter my attitude or what is happening during the day, His Words are there right before my eyes.  Which verses help you stay or get back on track? 

Another idea which I received from a Facebook page I follow is having a JOY jar filled with random acts of kindness.  Too often, I get wrapped up in the needs of our own family and forget there is an entire world out there hurting and needing someone to care.  Even the people who seemingly have their lives together need to be told/shown that God cares for and loves them.  This would be a great thing for our entire family to participate in.  I can really see us growing from this.

What are your NLR's?  I'd love to hear them.

No comments: