Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jenna Update

Jenna had an appointment today with her GI doctor, Dr. Sferra. Some good news, and some bad news...

Good news:

We get to take her off of the feeding bag for 8 hours day! How? Well, instead of a constant drip, Jenna's going to get fed every 2 hours (over a period of 10-15 minutes) through a syringe (still directly into her tummy). I'm excited and scared at the same time. This is progress though. For the first day or so, I will have to check her glucose 1 hour and 2 hours after feeding to make sure her sugar isn't getting low. If she has good number continually, we then get to only check her sugar 1 hour after feeding and as needed. This is going to be so awesome! I can hardly wait to take her somewhere without her tubing attached. I should probably go to a friend's house the first time so I don't make a scene by bawling tears of joy *hehe*

Bad news:

Jenna's liver enzymes came back low on her last lab work-up. We drew more today; we should have the results within a couple of weeks (hopefully). Her enzymes have been low from the very beginning, but the doctors have been hopeful they would gradually improve. Unfortunately, this has not been the case. I chose not to really dig for answers on what would happen if the enzymes come back low again. I'd rather wait and pray until the results come. No sense in stressing and being anxious until then.

Thanks everyone for your continued prayers. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such incredible friends and family :-)

4 comments:

God's Girl said...

Oh Lord, I do pray for precious Jenna! I pray that You would heal her body! May You receive glory and honor through Jenna's life!

Thank You Lord!!!!

Mrs. Troop said...

Glad to hear the good news, and will pray with you about the "bad" - aren't you grateful you can trust the Lord in this?

Jennifer B. said...

I'm glad Jenna is improving! I can't wait to stop being sick and come visit you all. I'll pray that the bad news isn't really bad news but only a bad day, and that her results will be just fine when they come in.

Anonymous said...

Bless you!