Monday, August 30, 2010

anger towards an unlikely

Worship was fantastic yesterday, as usual. One song in particular was God's way of dealing with me. "Healer" by Kari Jobe. As we were singing, I started to cry-out to God and ask, "Why don't you heal Jenna, God?" "Why can't you be glorified in her life another way?" I began to realize I was really angry with God. I'll admit, I still am a little, but we're working on it together. I know God has great plans for Jenna. The more I think about it, I think about all of the chronically ill kiddos that I know and how I see the love of God radiating on their little faces... God made no mistakes when He made them...they're perfect. If you've never been in the life of a child who is chronically ill, or even an adult for that matter, you should allow yourself the honor. I guarantee your heart will be touched. If you feel sorry for them, you're not getting God's message. I guess I just want to say that I know God is being glorified through Jenna and I should count it all a blessing that I even have the privilege of being in her life...to be so near His work...His plans...His grace.

If you want to listen to the song (which I highly encourage), scroll to the bottom of the page and pause the music player (it is set to play music as soon as you pull-up our blog).


1 comment:

Mrs. Troop said...

Beautiful song! Thank you for your honesty. I don't pretend to understand. But I do know what it's like to be angry. Stay in His Word. He'll speak His love to you.