Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jenna's Upper GI (cont'd) and Joshua's Birthday!

I finally got a hold of a person at the GI office yesterday. Unfortunately, Jenna's doctor is on vacation this week. Ugh! Well, thankfully, the nurse read the report to me and it is exactly what I heard the Radiologist say on Monday..."enlarged intestines" and "malabsorption/malnutrition." Both of these are red flags for SGS/SBS, but it doesn't necessarily mean that's what it is. So, we're going to wait anxiously for Monday and pray, pray, pray!!!

Poor Jenna had a horrible time passing barium Tuesday night. Despite multiple doses of milk of magnesia (usually does the trick) and a glycerin suppository, Jenna remained in pain and unable to pass a stool. She started passing gas before we put her to bed though; thankfully the next morning I had a present waiting for me ;-)

Onto a more fun topic. Not that I couldn't talk about poo forever. Because, trust me, after being a NICU mom, poo was the highlight of my day at times :-)

Joshua is 4-years-old today! I can hardly believe it. Four years ago, today, I gave birth to a tiny, 5lb/12oz little boy; now, he's a sturdy 42lbs! He never fails to make us laugh and astound us with his abilities and desire to continually learn new things. He keeps asking me about going to school. Poor buddy...hopefully he isn't too disappointed with being home schooled! Looks like we'll be taking tons of field trips to cure that eager mind :-) Science Museum, Zoo, etc. I'm making a list...any suggestions?

Saturday is Joshua's party. I will make sure to take pictures and post them. We're just doing a small party this year. Mostly just family, the kids' godparents and adults who have obtained "uncle" and "aunt" status throughout the years :-) I think I'm going to have to chill-out on the big parties for a while. It's expensive and exhausting! So, sorry to all of the kids' friends out there. Maybe we can have a play date at the Zoo to make up for it :-) Jenna's doctors have also said getting Jenna over-excited can bring on seizures as well, so that's another deciding factor.

Then

Now


I'm going to close this post with one of my favorite passages in God's Word. It helps keep me check when I open my mouth and want to say things that aren't edifying to the Lord and reminds me that I have children, whom I am suppose to be pointing to the cross!

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."

Deuteronomy 11:18-20

No comments: