Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"hi" and other things

Well, Joshua's latest word is, "hi!" We met Nick at work for lunch on Monday; while we were waiting for Nick in the break room, Joshua walked-up to complete strangers and greeted them. It was so cute! So much for the "loner" theory ;-) There was one instance in particular that had me giggling. An older driver walked into the room and proceeded to walk-out the back door to a bus. Well, Joshua followed him and said, "hi" over and over again until he finally saw Joshua and said "hi" back. Joshua was NOT willing to give-up on gettin a response! Persistance is key sometimes and he figured that out on his own :-) Now that he has a new word, he uses it constantly! He greets everyone when we're out and about. Mostly women though...the little charmer ;-)

Tomorrow, I have the beginning of my every-two-week appointments with my OB/GYN. I'm really hoping I can squeeze a date out of him for the c-section, but I'm guessing it's probably too soon. I'm extremely miserable and ready to have this baby! She feels like she weighs a ton; I'll be anxious to see how my belly measures tomorrow. I know I've gained some weight...well, at least I think I have. I tend to gain weight first in my neck and my neck is still thin. Perhaps I've gained all baby...sure as heck feels like it!! She sure is moving a lot. Very active day and night with short naps in between. It's pretty funny to be sitting and to look down and see my belly forming into odd shapes. She must not be happy about running out of room.

The tornados from earlier this week were quite frightening. Nowhere near us, but a matter of blocks away from my grandmother's cottage. I didn't realize until I watched the news the following morning since the twister occurred very early in the morning (2am or so). My brother and SIL heard the sirens go off, but I didn't. How pathetic of me...I even had the windows open! Nick sleeps through everything, so it was no surprise to me that he didn't. More severe weather is in store for tomorrow. Hopefully it won't keep me from my doctor's appointment!! Thankfully, the appointment is fairly early and the severe risk doesn't increase from slight to moderate until the afternoon.

Currently, my most un-favorite chore is cleaning the kitchen. Give me laundry and dirty toilets anyday. I know, it's strange. I'm just so sick of being in the kitchen all the time! It is the center of most every household and it's used the most in ours for sure. Maybe I need to re-arrange so it's not so monotonous. I think I'll wait until the renovations have been made. Maybe I'll be a little more inspired then ;-)

No comments: