Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Biggest Loser


So, last night was this season's Biggest Loser finale. Every season, I watch this show and dream about what it would be like to lose so much weight. This year's winner lost around 50% of her body weight (110lbs). I've decided that enough is enough. I'm going to be 30 in May and I'm sick of being a fat wife and mom. I don't want Joshua and Jenna to grow-up thinking that being fat is the norm, because it isn't. Despite eating somewhat healthy, I give in to the sweets (my biggest down fall). Nick has agreed to help watch the kids so that I can go work-out regularly. Praise God! We've had a gym membership with the YMCA for nearly a year and have only gone a about a dozen times...pathetic!! I'm over it...

I've created another blog to help motivate myself and to also share in my journey. Even if I only lose 5lbs a month, it's still a success worth sharing. So, that being said...here's my blog: Loser Wannabe. Starting next month, no more Ms. Nice Girl. If you'd like to help me on my journey, feel free to leave me a comment of encouragement. Most of all, please don't offer me any sweets. I'm going to cut things out little by little rather than all at once. Sweets are first!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Troop said...

Bless you, Girl! You can do it! I'm down 24 pounds and feel SO good and wish I had done it long ago. It IS possible and you will be SO GLAD!
Let me know how I can help. (I won't bring any more cookies, OK?) :-) Sweets are my downfall, too. I've just had to forgo them altogether for awhile. Once I eat one bite, I eat the whole thing! Ugh!

Mrs. Troop said...

And OH MY WORD I can't believe I missed the finale. In the craziness of curling four heads of hair and dressing everyone for the Christmas Program at school I forgot to put the tape in! You didn't by any chance record it?
(I'm so sad that I missed it!)

Anonymous said...

I am SO there with you!! A friend and I are going to get serious with our workouts and diets on the same week that Biggest Loser starts back up. We will be holding each other accountable. We have also started praying about it, both for ourselves and each other. I'll add you to my list. No doubt, it will be tough and slow going, but you CAN DO IT!!!!

Jennifer B. said...

You can do it!!!

I'm with you on the weight loss motivation... Next month, I'm going to try and start dropping some weight too. Maybe we can help motivate each other.

God's Girl said...

You go girl! That is so awesome. I pray that the Lord gives you the strength to do all that you want to do. : )