Monday, December 29, 2008

Colorado Christmas

Christmas was fun and different this year. My parents moved to Evergreen, Colorado earlier this year; so, we decided to take trip with the kids. We drove through the night on our way up and down so that we wouldn't have whiny kiddos and Nick and I could enjoy some alone time.

15 minutes after leaving the house (6:00pm)

Jenna enjoying her toys!

Me and Jenna (Nick insisted that I post a picture of myself...grrr)


Joshua loved the hot tub!

View from the front porch.

My parents' cat loved watching Joshua's every move...

Nick and Joshua on the lower deck, sitting in the ski lift swing...nifty swing!

Joshua's first taste of snow!

Learning to make and throw snow balls!

My handsome men!

Front view of the house from the road.

On our way home, before we hit the highway!

Incredible parting sunset!

I will post more pictures later. My parents took pictures of the kids opening their gifts, so I will add those as soon as they're e-mailed to me :-)

6 comments:

Mrs. Troop said...

So glad you had a wonderful time! The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing. Being in Colorado makes the Oklahoma scenery a bit depressing, doesn't it? I feel that way every Summer. But OH how nice to be home!

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad Nick made you post a picture with you in it. You look great!! Thanks for your encouraging words. God sends the right words we need to hear at the right time and He uses our friends to deliver the words sometimes. Thanks!

God's Girl said...

Looks like you had a wonderful, white Christmas. You look beautiful, by the way.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is beautiful. I am glad the kids (and you guys) had a good time. Glad you made it back safely. I will give you a call so we can get together for lunch soon.

Liberia Adoption said...

I missed you! Thanks for sharing the pics. I hope you had a great time! GREAT picture of you.

Jennifer B. said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Looks like Joshua enjoyed the snow! Jorryn did too!