Thursday, June 25, 2009

transparency time

Sometimes I wonder if I'm truly fit to be a mother. Joshua is driving me crazy and I just want to strip myself of all responsibility and be alone. Waking every three hours during the night is eating at me too. I wake-up and just totally dread doing everything. Ugh! Maybe I'm just being over emotional because I'm due for a visit by "the monthly visitor." I don't know. I'm just tired and frustrated. I love my kids, but I feel like such a bad mom. Lately, all I do is get onto Joshua. I use to enjoy reading books to him and now I'm lucky to crack one open once during the week. I guess I could be doing that now rather than ranting on my blog, but whatever. Just once, I would like to have a day to myself and not worry that Jenna might not be receiving proper care while I am gone. I hope I'm not scarring my kids for life. I want to be the cool, crafty mom that my SIL and many of my friends are. Instead, I'm just fat, depressed, and completely worn-out. I know it will be helpful to have a church to call home.

3 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

Well you don't live in other people's homes so you don't how they might live too. The enemy likes to sneak in and drown us when we are the most vulnerable.

I say that to say that I feel that way too. I feel like I spend all my time following Brown Bear around and making sure that he does what he is told.

Don't let the enemy get you down. And if you will train me on how to do things we would love to keep Jenna for an afternoon.

We love you and want to see things go well for you!!

Anonymous said...

Thought I left comment yesterday, haven't heard from you and my hard drive died and lost all addresses. I finally fooled around and found your blog again. Uncle Joe called you asked you to call as I was concerned. Jenna looks so good & happy, Joshua always looks like he is mischievious but loving. Write me a e-mail so I can have it on file. Love you all. Grandma Muntz

BoomerSooner said...

I feel like this about every other day!!! Rock on Mama...you are doing great!