Saturday, June 27, 2009

Well, I think Jenna is starting to transition from two naps to one nap a day. I've been putting her down at 1pm instead of 11am. She's proving to be a stubborn kid! Darn, I thought I was going to only have one head strong child! Oh well... maybe one of them will be president one day and return this nation to the nation we once were :-) Hey, a momma can dream, can't she?

Last night was my friend's personal shower. She received a ton of cute things and some... well, let's just say that they were interesting and leave it at that ;-) Preparing for the fun night was an all day event. I left the house at 8am with two kids in tow to run some last minute errands before meeting the other hostesses at 10am to start cutting fruit and decorating cup cakes. After a few hours of prep work and much appreciated kid care by one of the fellow hostesses parents, we were off to drop off the food and decorations and get ready for the night. I was able to trade off the kiddos with Nick at around 3pm while I was at a friend's house getting cleaned-up. We went back over to the party destination to finish decorating and make final touches for the party following our 6pm dinner-out at Zio's. It turned-out really adorable. One of the other girls took pictures, so hopefully I will get them sent to me so I can share. We had a watermelon bowl filled with cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes and strawberries; a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries and pineapple; homemade cupcakes; strawberry virgin daiquiris (complete with whipped creme, fresh-cut strawberries, and little umbrellas in very cute cups). The bride's flowers are gerber daisies, so we had them everywhere in cute, little glass vases; the outside/pool area had flower lights and more gerber daisies. It was quite a party...26 in attendance!

Tonight, we're celebrating my grandmother's birthday with my brothers and their families next door. Looking forward to family time! We've had it quite a bit lately and I'm lovin' every minute of it :-) Tomorrow, we're trying a new church. One of my friends from my mom's group is going too; that way, we both know somebody there ;-)

No comments: