Wednesday, September 15, 2010

6 Things

Thing #1:

"Sick season" is upon us. We are hearing more and more of people with tummy bugs, viruses, etc. Nick and I are now taking turns going to church in order to keep Jenna out of the nursery at church. I'm rather sad, but Jenna's worth every sacrifice. I will miss holding hands with Nick during worship and prayer **sigh** Joshua will still be going to his Sunday and Wednesday programs and I will be serving somewhere on the Wednesdays I am there. We love our church :)

Thing #2:

Our computer kicked the bucket last week, but Nick was able to recover everything last night after purchasing a new hard drive! The pictures we thought were backed-up weren't and it was feared that everything was lost! But praise God, all has been found :) God is good!

Thing #3:

Jenna has a GI appointment on the 23rd and an ENT appointment on the 24th. Hopefully Jenna's hernia hasn't gotten any worse. She really doesn't eat as much as she did, but we're able to make-up for her lack of calories with tube feeds. Her ears will be checked the next day to see if tubes will suffice to remove negative pressure in her ear drums, or if surgery will be required. Yuck! God is in control though and we're so thankful for that.

Thing #4:

I was so blessed to receive free color and a hair cut last night! As I was about to leave, Kassidy, said she wanted to continuing doing my hair for free! I told her I wouldn't feel right coming back and not paying something and she said she wouldn't have it any other way. Wow! So, I won't look like a rag-a-muffin anymore? Thank you, Jesus!

Thing #5:

Getting more and more excited for cooler weather :) We have a HUGE wood pile to put a dent in. Anxious to get the wood-burning stove going and to enjoy the snow fall outside. Hopefully more snow than ice. I'm not sure how much more ice our pecan tree can handle! Either way, I'm thankful for a roof over our heads and a way to warm the house and save money on the electric bill!

Thing #6:

Feeling very thankful today :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

#1 - oh sick season, how I loathe thee... You are such good parents to make those sacrifices but to also make things work so that you wouldn't have to give up church completely.. <3

#2 - WHEW!!

#3 - lifting her up! God is good, even when we don't understand what the plan is!!

#4 - WOW! What a blessing!!

#5 - ohh fires.. that smell.. heavenly... (I am not a pyro) lol

#6 - AMEN!!

Carissa said...

:-D This just makes me smile big!