Thursday, September 23, 2010

you know you're old when...

So, remember when you were younger and your parents would say, "I remember when that was in style" or "I remember when they first came out with..." (or something else along those lines) and you would say, "I wasn't even alive then!"  Well...that happened to me Monday!!  I guess you could call it a payback.  I use to do that to my parents ALL the time.  While I was teaching piano lessons, I brought one of the piano books I use to play out of to show some songs to my student.  One of the songs had the date, "September 1989" written on it.  Guess what she said?  "I wasn't even alive then!"  Oh yes, it has happened...I AM OLD!  I remember when I use to think being in your 30's was old...HA!  Wow.  Thinking about this reminded me of the comic strip I use to love to read as a child whenever we would get the Sunday paper and pass the comics around...
 
 
Remember "For Better or for Worse?"  Good stuff :)
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Amy Haas said...

I wish you lived closer to me. I would so pay you to teach Liberty piano!!