Sunday, September 5, 2010

cut it out!

For about the past month, Eilene and I have been cutting foods that are bad for us out of our daily consumption. We prefer not to use the "d" word since we are making a permanent change to our lifestyle; not a temporary one! This may call for another blog creation, what do you think? I thought about re-viving my former page, but that page was based upon the "d" word and is like taboo now. So, I'm thinking a page with the title, "Cut It Out!" or something else catchy like that so Eilene and I can share our daily or weekly food drama. I almost typed the "d" word just then...whew!

This is currently where we're at...

NO MORE SODA! Yes, Eilene and were both Dr. Pepper junkies. Nick just said Sonic is going under because we're not going there on a daily basis. Haha!!

FRIED FOOD...Eilene and I are both taking different steps to limit this EVIL food from our...not the "d" word...daily lives! Currently, I haven't had anything friend since last week! Woot, woot! I'm trying to make that a permanent change :) I totally resisted donuts this morning as Nick and the kids, rather rudely, ate them in front of my face! Gah!!

SWEETS...oh boy! This one is much harder than I thought! I had 3 servings of sweets last week. Today starts another week and I just had a bowl of ice cream. Oops! Gah!! Anyway...

So, our plan is to weigh each Friday. Maybe we'll even take pics of our progress...and that's a BIG maybe :) We'll see! I have no idea what my starting weight is...hmmmm...

Doing this with Eilene is SO much easier than doing it on my own! We're both quite competitive, so I think that helps :) Neither one of us enjoy admitting defeat to each other, but rather, we enjoy bragging about how we resist when temptation stares us in the face (like those stupid donuts this morning)! I need to lose the weight so that Jason and Eilene don't have to take-up their roles as godparents any sooner than necessary. Haha!!

Anywho...that's it for now. I'm going to see about making that blog for us :) Yay!

2 comments:

Dani Christine said...

woo hoo! soooooo proud of you, Hils! If I can do this, you can too!

Carissa said...

THis is awesome! I have been trying desperately the last couple weeks to eat better and cut certain things out, but some situations are very hard and at times unavoidable, but I am trying. I can't wait to follow you on this journey.