Sunday, September 28, 2008

accountability

Okay, to keep me accountable in being a mommy/cook/maid, I'm going to start posting different things about mommy stuff, cooking, and cleaning. They may not be consistant at first, but it's something that will help me be more like the kinda person I want to be.

Today's post is about meals. Here are what our meals will be for the first week or so in October (in no particular order):
  • slow cooker chicken and dumplings, normandy blend veggies (zuchini, yellow squash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
  • slow cooker green beans, ham and potatoes
  • slow cooker meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
  • gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches (found an awesome recipe), garden salad
  • white bean chicken chili, cornbread

We'll be eating leftovers for lunch each day. As my grandma use to say, "Waste not, want not!" There will most likely be enough leftovers to freeze (what can reasonably be frozen and tasty when re-heated) and save for another meal later. I'm also preparing more slow cooker meals than normal in an effort to cut our grocery bill and save time for more important things (enjoying the kids, cleaning, quiet time).

This is pretty much an experiment at this point. I need to establish a well-stocked pantry for grocery staples so that I'm not always fumbling for something to make once our meals have been eaten. For that, I will consult my SIL! She always has something to throw together, which impresses me!

No comments: