Wednesday, September 24, 2008

batten down the hatches

Okay. I've really got to figure out how to cook and shop with healthy and cheap in mind. Money's really tight and it's time to let the OCD in me to shine! Yes, I did just say that. The OCD in me is totally stoked about saving money! Why haven't I done this sooner? Well, I guess it's taken being in a financial strain to finally get it into my brain that it's crucial! Time to whip open Microsoft Excel and go crazy! Woo!! Yes, I'm being sincerely genuine :-) Okay, so I have tried to save money in the past by buying only store brand items (except chips and ice cream have to be name brand...the taste difference is totally obvious). I've got to do more. Time to pick recipes that fit the pocket book and lighten-up on eating spaghetti more often. Yeah, artichoke dip is expensive, and I about passed-out at the price of capers...almost $3!!! Okay, I'm gonna start surfin' my favorite recipe sites. Allrecipes.com has over 600 crockpot recipes and it's that time of year when I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE smellin' something simmering all day long :-)

3 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

So if you need any more ideas you can totally ask me.

Frugal is our middle name!

Kayla said...

dave ramsey has some good stuff on his website. Will and I are taking his class and it has been great!

Liberia Adoption said...

Hey Friend! I've been trying to do the same thing. Lentils are tastey and cook fast. The Mouro blog linked on mine has some good ideas for eating healthy and cheap. Hope you guys are doing okay!