Friday, September 26, 2008

jenna's day out

Yesterday, I woke-up and felt the walls closing-in, so I loaded the kiddos up in the car and we headed-out. I didn't even know what we were going to do until we were a mile away from the house. I called Nick at work and we decided to join him for lunch. We went to one of our favorite Chinese restaurants in Warr Acres...Tai Pei. It is run by a Christian family, the food's great, and most of all, the price tag is great! Yeah, not low-fat whatsoever, but we we've been eating healthy lunches at home on a regular basis, so I didn't feel too badly about indulging a little.

We took Nick back to work and headed-on over to Mardel. I'm participating in a Women's Bible Study connected with my church. We're going to go through Ruth, Esther, and then start some Beth Moore studies. I snatched a study guide to go along with Ruth and Esther. Anymore, I need study guides to go along with the reading I do in the Word. With my sleepy, foggy brain, it's nice to have some deeper insight. I really enjoy John MacArthur's study guides...the way he has each chapter set-up, the background behind the passage, the deeper look, and the thought provoking questions. Right up my alley!

Next, it was on to Babies R Us. I had a gift card with a little leftover money and Jenna was down to just 3 sleeping outfits, so I bought her a few more. I can't believe she's growing so fast! I would be in so much trouble if we had money to spend. The clothes at Babies R Us are sooooooooooo cute! An outfit that would fit Joshua caught my eye...$30!!! Are you kidding me? I wasn't so tempted after I saw that price tag!

I really wanted to take Joshua to the park, but despite the temperature being moderate, the humidity was not! Jenna's extremely hot natured and she wouldn't last but a few minutes. So, I called-up a friend and we met at Chick-fil-a and let the kids play together for about an hour. My friend hadn't seen Jenna yet and was anxious to get her hands on her :-)

I don't normally take Jenna into stores or restaurants, but every place we went wasn't busy whatsoever. It felt nice to return to somewhat of a normal outing. Jenna spent a lot of time laughing, smiling, and playing with her toys and Joshua enjoyed the attention he always gets with his baby blues. I'm so looking forward to when we won't have to be so careful about the things we do or the places we go.

2 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

That's cool that you guys had a nice day out.

I am glad that you were able to get Jenna out some. I am sure she enjoyed it too!

Liberia Adoption said...

That's great you got to get out! I know what you mean about being careful, but you're wise to get her out some. Babies brought up in bubbles are wierd (trust me...):-)