Saturday, November 7, 2009

catering isn't for wussies!

Well, lemme just tell ya how sore I am! Oi vey!! I'm so thankful for a job that allows such flexibility. I am an "on call" employee for a catering company. My boss is a dear friend, so it's going to be hard to say "Sorry, can't help you tonight" if/when the time comes.

6 hours and it was really fun :) My back isn't very grateful. I did a lot of lifting and I'm not sure how long this old, broken body can handle it, but I'm going to give it my best shot! My hands are burnt from helping with the dishes, my toes are blistered because my feet got wet, but my heart is happy because I got to serve people in a new way :) Did I mention slipping on the floor and falling on my knee? Ouchie!! For some reason, I always fall on my bad knee...grrrr!! Well, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but I did it in front of all of the patrons. Everyone felt badly for me. I'm sure it was funny...I probably would've laughed had I seen myself from their view!

We were suppose to have dinner guests tonight, but they had to cancel due to having colds. While I'm sad they aren't coming and are under the weather, I'm praising God that I don't have to rush around and clean house! I guess I should still clean though...darn-it!

The window is open and the breeze is blowing the curtains. Jenna thinks it's great :) She's sitting there laughing at them as the brush up against her face and tickle her nose. Sweet moments like this...I wish they would last forever!

No comments: