Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jenna's GI appointment

Well, it could've been worse, but I was praying it was nothing. Jenna's mic-key button has been leaking what I thought was bile since she had H1N1. Her GI doctor, Dr. Sferra, said that when she had H1N1, she developed excess tissue around the stoma (stomach opening around her mic-key button) on the inside of her stomach which is rubbing. The fluid leaking is most likely a blood/bile mixture. He has prescribed Jenna a topical ointment to use over the next 2 weeks to help with inflammation and irritation. On the 30th, the will perform a minor procedure to remove the tissue via cauterization. Ick! She will be sedated to help with nerves and to keep her from moving during the procedure. Dr. Sferra said it is a painless procedure since the tissue does not have any nerve endings. Praise God for that! Sorry for the yucky details, but that's just what you get to hear if you read our blog ;)

2 comments:

Danielle Taylor said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you made it back to the blogging world! I'll will be praying for Jenna this week that the surgery will be painless and the recovery quick!

Zimms Zoo said...

Poor little Jenna :( I was trying to tell Marty but I told him all wrong. I guess I better try again.