Thursday, February 13, 2014

SafeSplash

I am so excited about this! Joshua and Jenna both start swim lessons on Monday. We were able to pay off enough debit with our tax return to be able to afford special needs swim lessons for them both. It's really a great program and truly the price is reasonable considering the quality of instruction (they go through extensive training) and experience/knowledge of the instructors (most of them have a background in Occupational Therapy or are in school for OT).

I found this company simply by Googling "special needs swim lessons". I was going to just use our Rec Center for their swim lessons, but the more I thought about it, the more concerned I grew over the idea that the instructor wouldn't understand or might lose patience with the kids. Well, honestly, I'm not as concerned about Jenna in that area as she is extremely athletic, but poor Joshua's ASD gets the best of him often. The jumping, flapping and inability to connect the dots is very frustrating and difficult to handle for people who just don't get it. So, the slightly higher price in tuition is worth it in my opinion. They start on Monday!!

http://safesplash.com/
 
 


No comments: