Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week 5, Day 31 & 32

Yesterday was Body Pump. I decided to nearly double the weight on my squats because the past two classes, I haven't really been feeling the burn in my legs. Sad to say, I'm still not. I'm thinking my left knee is keeping me from squatting as far as I really need to be in order to receive the full benefit of my work-out. I sure I hope my knee decides to behave soon!

In other news... I re-downloaded the "My Fitness Pal" app. I never really used it before, so I just deleted it. Well, I'm so glad to be using it now! I am able to keep track of my calories in and out. It's pretty awesome that I can scan the bar code on whatever I am eating/drinking and it will give me a list of nutritional facts and save it! Same with the exercising... Well, I can't scan a bar code, but I can log what form of exercising I did and it will give me an approximate calorie burn based on my stats. Also, I am able to connect with other friends who are also using the app and we encourage each other along the way. It keeps track of your weight when you log your weigh-ins, etc. I thought for a bit that I might use it in place of this blog, but I really enjoy being able to log all of this down and there's no way to do that on the app other than in a tiny notes section. So, if anyone reads this...you're stuck with me :)

This morning, I completed another 1500 yards in the pool. After I finished my cool down, I checked my HR and it was in the 180 range. I think I'm getting a good work-out! Huffing and puffing afterwards is a good sign of time well spent in the pool. Speaking of HR, I'm hoping to invest in a Fitbit by the end of the month. The Flex model is just under $100, so after some bills are paid off this month, I'm all over it!

Tomorrow, I do Body Pump instead of Saturday. The aerobics room closed all day Saturday for instructor training, so I'm just switching my days up.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: