Monday, February 25, 2008

funny...the pregnant brain

Well, I went to the Zoo today with several friends. It was too perfect of a day to not go. Half of the moms in attendance were pregnant and we had to take MANY bathroom breaks *haha* Well, at the end, I had to go to the restroom and the girls all waited so we could walk to our cars together. Walking back to the group, I was thinking about the fun we had and so I said right away, "Well, that was fun, until the end (since we had to trudge up a huge hill)!" My pregnant friend, Danielle, looked at me confused and asked, "Going to the bathroom was fun? What was so bad about the ending?" I just burst out laughing and several of the other moms snickered because they knew I was referring to our day. Danielle turned so red in the face when I told her what I was meaning. I had to encourage her because I too say and think some awfully funny things while pregnant :-) Someone once told me that your brain actually shrinks when you're pregnant...I don't know how true that is...I've never researched it. My sister studies Psychology and said that a smaller brain is actually more intelligent than a larger brain...interesting.

No comments: