Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover - blessed beyond belief

Well, my sister-in-law called me this morning and told me to listen to all she had to say before I even thought about interrupting her and saying, "no!" Apparently, their church (I use to go there too) has decided to make our house their latest ministry project. They plan to come and paint, re-furbish cabinets, install molding, finish the bathroom, clean-up the yard, etc. so that we are ready for Jenna when she gets here. The first thing I said was, "We can't accept that...we didn't do anything to deserve that...we haven't served others enough to have that done for us." My sister-in-law pointed out to me that what I was feeling was pride. I quickly responded and said it wasn't pride, but a feeling of guilt...well, she said that's pride too. I guess I never really thought of it that way, but she's right. I'm really blessed by the fact that she has even brought our needs before the church. It's a huge honor and we will be eternally grateful for the church's hard-work and selfless act. Many of the supplies are being donated. I'm still in shock. It's our own Extreme Home Makeover...in turn, it's going to give me an attitude makeover towards accepting the blessings of others.

No comments: