Monday, February 4, 2008

Jenna's amazing surgeon

Let me just tell you! We met with Jenna's surgeon today and I was completely blown away...well, not "blown away" because I'm much too fat and pregnant, but you know what I mean ;-) We met with Dr. Kevin Smith up at OU Med. Ctr. today. He spent an hour and half with us just talking and answering questions. He had a power point presentation and told us his background, about his family, his experience, etc., etc. He was so detailed and organized and so passionate about his work! He performs an average of 3 cleft surgeries a week...wow!! I won't go into detail about what we talked about or his background, but holy cow is he the best we could ever hope for...even in the entire nation...I wouldn't go with anyone else.

So I was worried because our insurance isn't one of their providers...well...that's NOT going to be a problem. There is a fund in place to pay for EVERYTHING and nobody has ever been denied coverage. There is so much money in place for this that they're practically stuffing it in people's pockets! All thanks to a man who left his fortune for this cause...Dexter Johnson. So...God is just awesome. Talk about a faith building experience! Oh...and Dr. Smith gave us the check back at the end of the appointment...he didn't want us to pay for our consultation.

3 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

That is so wonderful.

Julie said...

I just got chills! What an answer to prayer. Although it doesn't make everything go away, I'm sure it brings great relief as insurance isn't another thing to worry about.

Anonymous said...

How amazing. Our friend, Andi, is one of his assistants, and everything she told me was true indeed. Congratulations, I am so happy that Jenna will be in the best of care.