Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Goodness! It's been a busy couple of days!! Catch-up time :-)

Monday morning was insane! I got the kids ready to go and we were out the door to drop-off a couple of stool samples (lovely, I know) and an application for funding to cover Jenna's surgeries. I never thought two simple things would take 2 hours!! Much of it was the valet's fault, but I've also come to terms that I MUST HAVE A STROLLER FOR 2 KIDS!!! I think I'm going to get one of the sit-n-stand strollers because most of the weight limits on the double strollers are 40lbs per seat. Joshua's about 32lbs now, so that sure wouldn't last long. Plus, I think he'll never take a nap in a stroller again, so the sit-n-stand makes the most sense. It will be lighter and easier to maneuver as well.
Here's what I'm considering. It's a bit pricey, but I have a $20 off coupon. It has a lot of options and does well on rought terrain (i.e. can withstand the de Haan damange).

After a mad morning, I came home and just knew something had to be done to the house. So, I tried to start cleaning. Jenna has been extra-clingy lately, so I was getting nowhere fast with the house-work. I called and begged my SIL to have Cousin A come over and entertain Jenna while I got some cleaning done. It didn't take much convincing...Cousin A loves Jenna and Joshua and jumps at every opportunity to play with them :-)

Joshua loves to grab a book and plop in anyone's lap who will read to him. I'm so glad he loves books :-) Here he is with Cousin A.










Yesterday, Joshua and I took advantage of Jenna's morning nap and the morning temperature to go outside and do some sidewalk chalk. I never imagined how much he'd love it!!

He decided to decorate the side of the house too...thanks Joshua ;-) Thanks goodness it wasn't paint!







All day long, Joshua begged and begged to go outside! Unfortunately, it just got too hot and his little legs have already been eaten-up by bugs (despite the use of bug spray).









While Joshua and I were out on the porch, our sweet neighbor, Barb (a.k.a. Grandma Barb...which will confuse the kids him later since they have a great-grandma Barb too) came over to help with some finishing touches on Jenna's room. When I get off my rear-end, I'll take some more pictures of Jenna's nursery and show you the wonderful things Barb made for Jenna. She's a sewing genius...especially when it comes to nurseries. She use to do custom nurseries for income and does it purely for pleasure and for the purpose of blessing others.

Barb found the sweetest fringe to put on the sheep like little ballerinas, and I found rose-buds for their heads.










My mom is the fabulous artist who painted the walls :-)








I love this little flag above her bed!








Tumbling and dancing ballerinas!!











More pictures of Jenna's room to come...just don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

Wow!!! I love the great detail on those cute little lambies!

God bless your sweet family!

All for Jesus,
Julie