Sunday, August 31, 2008

irritating knee injury

Okay, so I fell a couple of weeks ago in the laundry area. A pipe decided to have a leak (not a major one...just came loose a bit) and I slipped on water. I did the splits *taking a bow* Yes, it was interesting. My left leg went in front of me, and my right leg went behind me. Nick was in the kitchen with my nephew and I couldn't get his attention since they were talking. I stayed in the splits for a bit until I could get my bearings and then I managed to hobble into the living room and plop on the couch. Well, my poor right knee was all bruised and scraped-up. I just knew it wouldn't be a big deal and that I would be sore for a couple of days and that's it. WELL...last night, I started having a great deal of pain. I looked at my knee and noticed I still had some bruising; Nick pointed-out the swelling on the side of my leg...LOVELY!! I think I might actually have to call the doctor on this one. Most who know me know that I'm not one who likes to go to the doctor for things; however, I've put up with a ton of physical pain in my life and done nothing about it up to this point. I only have one body until heaven, so I better start taking better care of it. I have a high endurance to pain, so if I'm saying it hurts, it must really be bad. I'm hoping and praying it's nothing more than a strain or something. The strange thing is, it only hurts when it's bent. I can't quite figure that out. Sitting down is actually more uncomfortable than standing...odd. Oh well, guess I'll call the doctor on Tuesday *sigh*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you need to make sure you take care of yourself. Sounds like you do not have enough doctor's appointments. LOL

Liberia Adoption said...

Cutest nursery ever! LOVE the paint and 'Jenna' banner. Maybe we can get together a week from this Friday or Sat.