Friday, August 15, 2008

Well, Jenna officially weighs 13lbs, 4oz! What a little chunky monkey :-) It's nice to be able to go into the doctor to check her weight and not have to pay for it. I do have some concerns though and I told her pediatrician (who is the best in the state...says me and her endocrinologist who is also the top in the state). She has always made grunting noises, but it's sounding more and more like she's trying to make a dirty diaper and can't; when she does make a dirty diaper, it has been watery and green. Thankfully we're seeing the GI doctor (Dr. Sferra) on Thursday. I'm sure he'll be able to shed some light on the situation.

Monday, we will be seeing her Maxillofacial/Oral surgeon, Dr. Smith (who ironically, is also the best in the state). We're going to meet with him so he can actually get a good look at Jenna and schedule the surgeries to come. Dr Smith visited Jenna when she was at both Mercy and Children's. Both times, she was intubated, so he was unable to do a proper examination.

Regarding her lip and palate...her lip cleft is uni-lateral (one-sided), but her palate is bi-lateral (two-sided) which is something that is not commonly seen. It will be interesting to hear how this is going to be handled. I will update on that after we've seen the doctor.

Please be praying for our insurance to cover office visits to Dr. Smith. Supposedly, the operation, hospital stay, anisthesiologist, etc. will be covered by a special fund in place called the Dexter Johnson Fund (mentioned in a previous post). What a blessing! We'll find-out more about that on Monday as well. The only thing it doesn't cover are the office visits. Dr. Smith is out of network (gotta love HMO's), but there is no question he is the doctor to go with. So, we're trusting in the Lord to help us with the finances.

Tonight is BUNCO with a fun group of girls. It will be nice to get out and have some girl time :-) Nick doesn't mind me getting-out...in fact, he usually has to push me out the door!

I have to tell you how awesome our church is. Here is a link to their site if you'd like to check it out...East Point Church. Both last week, and this week, various families in our church have brought us dinner each night. I haven't had to do much of anything, except heat-up leftovers from time-to-time for lunch. I can't even begin to start telling you how many other things have happened thanks to them.

Another church is my parents church, and my brother and sister-in-law's church. They have both come together and done so much for us...financially, interceding through prayer, etc. The list is long and overflowing. I posted about this in a much earlier post, but I just have to mention it again. God's people come together and triumph over trials. We are so blessed...

Now that I'm tearing-up and can barely see the screen, I better get Jenna from her crib. She's awake from her nap thanks to Joshua ;-) I'll post some other time on the interesting things I've learned parenting two children! Love you all.

No comments: