Friday, August 29, 2008

Jenna's Nursery and Disappearing Food

Here is the awesome diaper bag my SIL, nieces, and nephews made. They asked our neighbor (Grandma Barb) for the scraps from the nursery items you'll see below. I love that they all worked on it. When I carry it around, people always ask me about it!



This is the incredible bedding Barb made. So much detail, hard-work, and love put into it all. I'm so blown away by her generosity and love for our family. I'm truly honored to know her.



Yes, she even made pillows!








Here's Jenna's changing table. Barb made the bear; she also bought the lamp and covered the shade to match everything else she made.





Crib-side toy holder. We were sure she was the first to think of this and would become a wealthy woman by selling her idea. I hated to find this idea in a magazine already :-( Oh well! Barb isn't in it for the money anyway. The crib belonged to a friend of my SIL. It's just what I wanted! I never expected to have the blessing of a freebie!




Crib-side or changing table diaper holder. It's currently on the crib, but it can also go on the side of the changing table. Barb thinks of it all!









Adorable door hanger. I would've taken a picture of it hanging on the door, but our door is yucky at the moment. We're hoping to replace bedroom doors soon.





Window treatment. I hate that this picture turned-out so dark. I probably should've shut the blinds in addition to having the flash. You get the idea anyway. Originally, the rose garland was going to go on the crib, but I think it definitely belongs on the swag :-)




In addition to a crib quilt, Barb made a floor quilt to play on. Also, here are the remaining bears she made. All three of the bears she made are three different sizes. I can't wait to tell Jenna the story of Goldy Locks and the Three Bears using them. She has a dolly with blond hair that I can use for Goldy Locks ;-)

I wish I had taken some better pictures of the crib. It's hard to truly appreciate the detail of Barb's work unless you're looking at it in person. You'll all just have to come over and see it sometime *hint, hint*


Cute Jenna pic of the day ;-)








Joshua after an intense art session of sidewalk chalk and a sugar low from his chocolate chip cookie. Poor 'lil cookie monster ;-)






So I just had to show everyone what one's fridge looks like when you've not been serious grocery shopping in nearly 4 months! Pretty sad, don't you think? Don't let this picture fool you though. Our church made us dinners for 2 weeks and we just finally devoured our last bit of leftovers!




At least it's clean!










Joshua looking for food. He just watched an episode of "Super Why" and they told the story, "The Emperor's New Clothes." He's probably thinking, "Oh no! The food's invisible, just like the Emperor's clothes!!" I tried to get him to turn around and make a pouty face.








Well, it's about to hit midnight here. Time for Jenna's meds. I think I might sneak-out and do my grocery shopping. Although, I'm not sure when the put out their fresh produce at Wal-Mart. Hmmmm. I may wait and go in the morning. I'm sure Joshua would enjoy the outing. Plus, he's really into counting, letters, and colors right now. Shopping is a great place to talk and discuss those things :-)

Love you all!!

No comments: