Wednesday, November 5, 2008

reading material

When I have the chance, I like to crack open a good book. Lately, my material of choice has been books on marriage. Praise the Lord for books on marriage!! The first book on marriage I read was "The Language of Sex" by Dr. Gary Smalley and Ted Cunningham. I read this while Jenna was in the NICU at Mercy. Boy did I get some looks when nurses happened to glance at the cover! I was fortunate enough to use this as a witnessing tool...of all things! Some of the nurses actually asked to borrow it during their lunch breaks and came back with refreshed and surprised faces. It was funny, serious, and right on the nose!! It dealt with the nitty-gritty and that's what I loved about it.



This is what I just bought at Mardel today. "Love & Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. I've read many blogs which have commented on this book. Plus, it's a Focus on the Family book and it was 50% off...woohoo!! I'm really looking forward to cracking it open when I get the chance :-)



2 comments:

Liberia Adoption said...

I wanna borrow this when you're done! I've heard so many good things about it. So far my fav. book on marriage is Created to be His Help Meet.

Mrs. Troop said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I've read Love and Respect and it was excellent.