Saturday, November 1, 2008

Jenna's home!!

Jenna came home yesterday. The surgery on her lip and nose went absolutely great! In addition, her glucose did just wonderfully :-) She's doing well with the recovery and we're gradually decreasing her pain meds. Thank you Lord!!

However...yep, there is a however...

Jenna's fundoplication, the operation to keep her from refluxing/vomitting, is beginning to undo itself; in addition, she has a hernia. Argh! So, that explains the vomitting she's had the past couple of weeks. I mentioned it to the pediatric surgery team while we were in the hospital and the ordered and upper GI. I had no idea upper GI's were so horrible! I felt awful for making Jenna go through that :-( Anyway...she's going to have to go back in and have her fundoplication re-done as soon as her lip is healed enough to be on a ventilator for surgery *sigh*

Man, the enemy is really trying to wreck our family. It's been tough, but he's not going to win. He may discourage, be he cannot destroy. Praise God for his protection and for putting people in our lives to encourage and uplift us.

When things settle down a bit, I will upload some pictures of before and after the surgery as well as some videos from our stay in the hospital.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! So glad to hear everything went so well. Can't wait to see new pictures.

Zimms Zoo said...

I am telling you just keep her away from all doctors and we can just pretend everything is OK! LOL

I am glad she was home and the kids were very happy to see her. Monkey has told everyone how she looks and such.

Julie said...

I'm so glad to hear things went well. I'm praying for you guys!

God's Girl said...

God is so good! I rejoice with you that your sweet little girl is home and everything went well!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Betsy Markman said...

Praise God it went well! It's so good that the repair work can be done when she's so young. That will make things so much better for her.

Thank You, Lord, for this successful surgery!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she did well and that she's home! It's a shame she has to go right back into the hospital, but what a blessing that her stay was only a matter of days and not months (even though I know every minute must feel like an eternity.)

I was getting so worried and then I bonked myself on the head for not thinking of checking your blog. What a relief to hear good news! Hope to see you sometime soon...

Your friend, Jen

Mrs. Troop said...

So happy to hear the news! Been praying for you all . . .
and will continue to!