Wednesday, November 19, 2008

yesterday and the future

My three nieces, from next door, came over yesterday. I invited them over to make Mrs. Troop's Rice Krispy Treats recipe; by the way, they're SUPER yummy! I've also made her Lasagna recipe (easy and delicious)! Anyway, back to the subject at hand...the girls had been baking and making already that day and I think they were pooped when they came over! I got a little help, but most of the time was spent adoring Jenna. They all just love her so much. I told Jenna, as I was putting her to bed that night, that she better enjoy the attention while she can because their newest little sister will be arriving soon. Which brings me to my next topic...

Nick went to see a Urologist a while back to see about getting a vasectomy. Well...I just don't have peace about it, so we're not going through with the operation. I know you're probably thinking, "How could she possibly handle another one with all that is already taking place?" Well, I'm not thinking we'll try again right away, but perhaps four, five, or six years down the road. I'm only 29 and Nick's only 31; the thought of eliminating our opportunity to have more children someday, as young as we are, was really unbearable. Jenna's Endocrine doctors are really optimistic that she will grow-out of her glucose problems by the time she's 2, which would really take care of our primary concerns for her.

Okay...bring on the criticism...I can take it ;-)

4 comments:

Mrs. Troop said...

Glad you enjoyed the recipes! They are some of our favorites. :-)
And don't worry - the Lord will show you the path ahead AND give you peace. He knows us better us better than we know ourselves.

Brewer Family said...

We are in the same boat. Pretty sure we won't want another child but still not ready to make the decision final. You and Nick are the only ones Who can make this decision and no one else has a say in it. If that is what you feel is right I say go for it!! I know your family is a priority for you and I have faith you will make the right choice when the time is right.

Anonymous said...

You never know what God has in store for you. If you do not have peace then you should wait until you have the peace about the direction He is leading you guys. :-)

Zimms Zoo said...

What criticism? Seriously it's not anyone else's decision to make. And besides I worry more about your health than a future baby's. You seem to have such a hard time during pregnancy (lots of weeks in the hospital ring a bell)and I worry about that. And honestly the mama's health is what has prompted us to quit for good after this one.

The rice krispies were good! Thankfully I ate mine early in the day or I would have paid at bedtime. They will still love Jenna and Joshua even when this baby is born. After all Lion Cub wants a baby brother too and Joshua is as close as he is going to get. (he even frew a picture of one for me)