Friday, October 24, 2008

Jenna's surgery

Here's the plan. We will be checking Jenna into the hospital Tuesday morning so they have time to get a central-line surgically inserted if they fail to get a normal IV started. Jenna has a history of blowing-out veins and previously had a central-line. We spent two hours at the lab yesterday trying to get enough blood to run tests needed prior to surgery. It was horrible! Imagine holding your baby down on a table while doctors and nurses attempted to stick her all over like a human pin cushion! I couldn't help but bawl my brains out :-( The central-line will be much easier when needing to administer fluids; not only that, it will be much easier on Jenna.

Wednesday morning will be her surgery. They will close her lip and place stints in her nose. The stints will remain in her nose until her follow-up visit with the surgeon (Nov. 9th). The purpose of the stints is to re-shape the cartilage in Jenna's nose.

More than likely, Jenna will remain in the hospital until Friday, merely for observation of her sugar and due to her past history of seizures and previous hospital experience.

It will most likely be a while before I can post again. I will do my best to find a key individual to contact to check on Jenna. Unfortunately, it would be difficult for me or Nick to call/text individuals considering we have to watch the nurses and doctors like hawks!!

4 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

Hey I don't mind being that person. I already have most of the emails and if you had one main person from your new church I could just send it to them.

btw is NIck off that whole time too?

Anonymous said...

You're all in our prayers!
-Will & Kayla Shockley

God's Girl said...

I will keep Jenna and your family in my prayers!

Lord, I pray that You would be with little Jenna. Give wisdom to the doctors and bring healing to her little body quickly. Fill the de Haan family with Your peace that really does go beyond our understanding. Thank You Jesus! Amen.

Trish said...

I will be praying for your family.
It was truly a blessing to see Jenna in person yesterday at church - she is adorable!

Trish