Wednesday, October 1, 2008

neighborhood shooting

Okay, so I don't want to clean right now and I'm not going to!

Last week, we had a shooting in our neighborhood. Yes, I can officially say we live in the ghetto! The shooting was about half a block away. Thankfully we weren't home because there were bullets flying down towards our house!! Apparently ten shots went off. One of our poor neighbors has a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top with some unwanted holes :-( Nobody got hurt, but I'm so ready to not be living in a scary neighborhood! I really wish the city would do something about the Section 8 houses in our area. There have been constant patrolling by the police at least. I see a handfull every hour driving up and down the streets (mostly ours).

Anyway, someday we'll have a house on 5 to 10 acres and will be far from the street and won't be able to see into our neighbor's house. That's our dream :-)

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

Oh my gosh!!! I will be praying for you and your family! That's crazy!!! :0