Sunday, October 19, 2008

miscellaneous and so forth

Well, the garage sale was a flop, but at least I got rid of some things. I managed to rake in a whopping $26!! Woo!! It was just the right amount to buy a nice new shower curtain, liner, and hooks :-)

Saturday was a great day! Saturday morning, two dear friends from church (Stef and Nahum) came to do some more painting on the house. The west side of the house is the only un-finished area (minus some touch-up work here and there). It's such a huge improvement and everyone's been so generous of there time :-)

Saturday afternoon, Jenna and I headed to a dear friend's birthday party. What fun it was to see dear, sweet friends from long ago!! We saw the Hill's and Mrs. Troop's family. It was so great...and to think I thought about staying home!

Saturday evening, a family that has done so, so much for our family came over. My brother and SIL who have also done tons for us also joined us. Nick made a fabulous BBQ buffet of smoke brisket, spare ribs, and beef short ribs. Thanks honey...it was great!!

This morning, we decided it would be okay to bring Jenna to church. It was so nice to be at church as a family again. There was a very sweet time of prayer and many friends came and prayed with us. What a blessing! I couldn't possibly ask the Lord for a sweeter church family.

This afternoon, some friends came over to watch Joshua and Jenna while Nick and I went to see "Fireproof." It was an incredible movie and you need to see it if you haven't already. What a powerful message and wonderful testament of God!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, I'm so HAPPY you guys went to see "Fireproof." Isn't it such an amazing story? I so want to go see it again and again and again. :D

Mrs.Gregory said...

Fireproof was awesome. Matt and I had the privelege of seeing it before it came out We are planning on owning it when it comes out on DVD.

It is great that you took Jenna to church.

Any news on what the reports showed from Her bloodwork.

Mrs. Troop said...

It was wonderful to see you! Now I'll look forward to meeting your boys! :-)
We haven't seen fireproof, yet, but we are going to one of these days. Every time we have a chance to get out alone, I don't want to sit in a movie! But I keep hearing how good it is.
Happy Monday!