Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 1, Day 1

So, I did it.  I woke-up this morning at 5:00am, hopped in the suburban (thank you, Jesus, for 4-wheel drive), drove to the rec center and hopped in the pool!  I swam 10 sets of 100 yards.  I was shocked I could swim more than 50 yards at a time!  Woot!  Not regretting it a bit.  I have muscled fatigue and burning that hurts so good!  I may have not worked so hard if it weren't for the awesome receptionist who remembered my name before I even checked-in.  I need to sit down and write a letter to the director of the rec center.  Seriously, Nancy's like the best cheerleader ever!  She was clapping and cheering for me as I made my way to the pool.  Also, the computer applauded for me as I checked-in.  Hello?  Awesome!  It's the little things, people :)  I'm going to do it all again tomorrow!  Yeah, buddy!  I'm praying this motivation lasts.  I tend to burn-out and give-up after a while.  Why do I do that when the reward is so worth it?  Because food tastes awesome...that's why.

So, my goal.  I'll just keep losing until my body looks healthy.  My sister has a tentative wedding date of 10/17/15.  I'm going to be her only attendant.  She's going to look stunning and I don't want to look like a hippo standing next to her!!  Looking at that date, it makes me feel like I have plenty of time to get down to where I want to be, but not exactly!  My sister has a goal to lose 35 pounds.  Ha!  Hahahahahahaha!!!  I laugh at that because I have about 100 more pounds than that to lose.  I'm thinking I really only have a year to get down to a reasonable weight because we will be doing dress fittings months ahead of time.  MONTHS!!!  Okay, I might be freaking-out just a bit.  I think I could manage to lose 100 pounds by the time dresses come along.  I hope.  Something else I had hoped I would have time to do is skin removal surgery, but I'm not thinking I will get down enough to make that a possibility.  Maybe I will?  Ewwww!!  Grossing myself out.

Back to school with the kiddos.  Who knew they couldn't teach themselves ;)  Speaking of school... It's going well, but I anticipate we will be doing school through the summer this year.  No big deal, just... ***yawn***  Yeah, that.

Happy Monday!!

No comments: