Friday, January 17, 2014

Week 2, Day 12

Today, I really had to push it in the pool; no time for laziness. Nick just walked out the door to work the early shift at work since school is out today. I pushed myself the hardest I have since starting this weight loss journey nearly 2 weeks ago. It felt good, and I am hurting, but I'm glad I did it. I decided to 'time' myself this morning. I'm so slow. That's okay though. It's to be expected right now. It takes me a solid minute to do a lap. *whine* I remember when I use to do a lap in under 30-40 seconds. Well, I wasn't exactly racing this morning; just setting myself up for a good pace. So, I'll take it.

Tomorrow, I am switching things up a bit. Instead of swimming, I am going to take a fitness class called, Body Pump. I have taken it before in the past and LOVED it, but I was more fit then. We'll see what happens. I'll probably be so sore on Sunday morning that Nick will have to help me out of bed. I wonder if I'll even make it thru an entire class! Body Pump is an hour long class with a bar bell and free weights. I'm. Going. To. Die. It's such a fun class though that you kinda forget how hard you're working. Plus, you have the motivation of an entire class doing it with you.

Time to down some protein. My muscles are screaming at me. Happy Friday :)

No comments: