Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 1, Day 3

3:00am. That's a normal time to be up, right? I didn't do this on purpose. My alarm was set for 5:00am. I tried my best to roll over and go back asleep, but my body wasn't going to have any part in that. So what to do? Hop on Facebook and find some of your girlfriends also awake to chat with and then just go ahead and get up. I was at the rec center before opening (5:00am) and in the pool at 5:05am. Honestly, it felt great. My body is having some major adrenaline and my stamina was once again on the rise. I managed to do 6 set of 150 and a 100 cool down (as opposed to 10 sets of 100, previously). Still keeping the yardage at 1,000 yards for now, but I plan on possibly upping that next week. I don't want to throw my body into shock. I want to keep it fun while also getting the exercise I need. When it's no longer fun, I throw in the towel. MUST. KEEP. IT. FUN.

So, I am just really appreciating the staff at the rec center. The lifeguards are so engaging, kind, and encouraging. So impressed! I have not felt this comfortable in a bathing suit since I was 12% body fat (yes, that was me at one time). But seriously, fat girls do not like being in bathing suits in public. Maybe I am just speaking for myself. If you're fat like me and you don't have this problem, I envy you!

I contemplated making a separate blog for my weight loss endeavors, but I am part of my family, so I decided to keep it here. If you'd rather read past these posts, I will make it easy for you... The title post will always be where I am at in terms of the length/date/etc.

P.S. Big day for Joshua today. Prayers appreciated!

No comments: