Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week 1, Day 6

Today, I probably should have stayed in bed and rested, but I am glad I went ahead and pushed myself because my muscles are in sheer agony! Yes, I like to feel my muscles aching, but only if it's due to a good work-out. I barely managed my swim, however. I'm sure the lifeguard probably thought they were going to have to jump in at some point and rescue me! Still, I completed 5 sets of 200 yds.

Tomorrow, I definitely plan to stay away from the gym. Hopefully, it will be nice enough to go for a walk with the family. My reasoning behind going to the gym this morning was fear that if I took a break, I might not go back. Well, I think I'm hooked now, so I don't anticipate that being a problem. As of right now, I'm anxious to get back into the pool and I'm hoping that after tomorrow, I will be even more anxious.

I realize not many (if anyone) reads these posts, but I'm hoping it will be a good journal of sorts to come back to when I've reached my goals. If anyone does read them, I hope it will encourage you to not give-up and to start TODAY on the future and better you. If you're afraid of the scale, like me, don't step on it. Just focus on the changes your body makes rather than obsessing over a number...that's all it is...a number! Looking and feeling better does not need to be tied to a number.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments: