Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 2, Day 8

Well, I'm 8 days in on the journey I should have started long ago. No sense in beating myself up about it now though. It's in the past and now I have a future of health to look forward to. I have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it, but that's part of it. It's so easy to want to give-up and go back to the comforts of food and laziness. Exercise and healthy choices are the new me and that's the way it's going to stay. Please, if you're reading this, slap me if I don't keep this up. I am desperate for this change. Not only for me, but my entire family. The road I was on was a path of destruction. Too many years of burying my hurts, frustrations, and sadness into the food on my plate. You don't have me anymore, spirit of defeat! I own this!

Back in the water today after a day off. I'm so glad I let my muscles rest yesterday. I felt like I could have bumped up my distance this morning, but I think I will wait until next week, or at least until I get my zoomers. My left tricep and forearm extencor muscles were really hurting today. I'm probably not stretching as much as I should be. Also, my right shoulder feels like it is grinding. Not to the point of pain yet, but I am going to have to be cautious of that becoming a problem.

Time for tea with the hubby. I sure enjoy these mornings with him alone while the kids are still asleep :)

No comments: