Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 3, Day 17

This post is delayed because I pushed myself so hard yesterday. I slept in (which was glorious) and then went to Body Pump in the evening. Holy cow. I'm still trying to recover and will probably be even more sore tomorrow as I am about to head out the door to swim this morning. Am I crazy? Maybe. Do I care? No. Will I continue this madness? Yes!

Body Pump is a one hour class with weights. I could feel every inch of my muscles screaming at me during the whole class. I'm super impressed I made it thru the whole class considering I haven't taken the class in close to 10 years. We were only thru one set of the work-out and I could barely walk! Squats are such a killer. I'm mostly upper body strength, so anything legs is pretty much guaranteed to do a number on me.

I almost collapsed in the parking lot. Sheer muscle fatigue. Let's not even mention the stairs I had to go up in order to leave the rec center (too vain to take the elevator). Then, of course, there were the stairs to get up to our bedroom. Oh boy... I'm not ashamed to admit that I had to crawl. Yep. I did.

So, now to head out the door to swim. This should be interesting as I still can barely feel my legs. My arms aren't thrilled either. Gonna do it anyway. Happy Thursday!

No comments: