Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 1, Day 2

Up at 5:00am again this morning to go swimming. Not sure how I managed to since I woke-up FIVE times during the night. I really fought the urge to hit the snooze button! I could wake-up an hour later and go swim, but the pool starts to fill-up with swimmers at 6:30 and I don't like sharing my lane unless I have to. In times past, sharing a lane has meant the other swimmer forgetting we weren't circle swimming and me getting plowed into. No thanks! I'll continue to get up early.

I swam another 1,000yds. It was a bit easier than yesterday. My stamina was much improved and I didn't need as many breaks. I hope this keeps up. My muscles are so fatigued right now that I am not sure when I will be able to make it up the stairs to the second floor in our house. That's a good thing though. I'm burning fat and building lean muscle. 

Setting my alarm now to be up again tomorrow. I was going to start of with doing just a few days a week, but when it comes to working-out, I am all or nothing. If I skip a day, I might not go back! Gotta keep my eyes on the prize.

Funny story... As I was leaving, I noticed the female lifeguard rearranging the kickboards so they lined-up perfectly. It made me giggle to see a fellow "type a" at work. I complimented her on her skill and explained I would have done the exact same thing. We shared a good laugh together.

1 comment:

Layla said...

Rock on with your bad self!